Friday, September 21, 2007

shorts log day 7 -- I'm missing my picnic, dammit

shorts log entry meh to the meh power

About half way thru my morning, I looked down at my half-covered legs and thought, "Picnic, when the hell is the picnic?" Previously, I could only wear the half-pants on days when free food was offered, and I was experiencing an echo of my old Pavlovian response: associate food and shorts and after a while the dog will start drooling at the sight of Old Navy cutoffs.

It was a letdown to remember that there was, indeed, no free food offered, and that I would have to forage for my own. At least hunting will be easier in the shorts. And, if I'm trapped in the building due to some unforseen glue that falls from the sky and makes all the exits impassible, so that my building mates and I first have our own version of "Lord of the Flies", followed shortly thereafter -- when the vending machines are all smashed and empty and Piggy is starting to look like his namesake -- by "Alive", I will at least be mobile and harder to catch in my short pants. The long leggers will be the tripping, falling, and trapped first victims, albeit they'll be harder to peel.

No comments: